I don’t normally take up Facebook Challenges but when a friend nominated me for the ’10 Albums in 10 days Challenge’, I decided to participate. Here are the ‘rules’:
- Think of 10 albums that have greatly influenced your music taste
- Find the album artwork for each one and save the images
- Post one album photo per day for 10 consecutive days
- Make sure you don’t post any captions, explanations or reviews, only a picture of the album cover
- Nominate some of your friends to do the same
This challenge was very enjoyable and the only difficulty was limiting my selection to 10 albums. There are so many more I could have included. I also took pity on my friends and only nominated one of them. I also may have ‘cheated’ slightly by adding the occasional comment!
I have a Pinterest board which I call ‘Music with Meaning’ and some of my choices were taken from here.
My 10 choices are not in chronological order but just as they popped into my head!
- Kate Bush – The Kick Inside
- Santana – Abraxas
- Carole King – Tapestry
- Deep Purple – Machine Head
- The Beatles – Rubber Soul
- Alan Parsons Project – Eye in the Sky
- Led Zeppelin – Led Zeppelin 1V
- Neil Young – Harvest
- Cat Stevens – Tea for the Tillerman
- Pink Floyd – Dark Side of the Moon
There are so many other albums that influenced my taste in music, originally, whether at school or as a student, far too many to mention.
I’ve always had an eclectic taste in music and I still enjoy discovering new artists.
Who was/were your greatest influence(s) in music? I’d be very interested to know…