‘Confessions of a bad blogger’ was the other title I had in mind for this post!
This is mainly because I have been nominated for a blogging award and I have done nothing about it. I haven’t even thanked the blogger who nominated me. Sometimes life just gets in the way.
I have been nominated for a Blogger Recognition Award by Enzo Martinelli whose blog is called ‘Travel, good food, arts and more’ and can be found at https://enzomartinelli.wordpress.com/
Thank you, Enzo!
Enzo writes on a variety of fascinating topics and he is multilingual. Impressive! Do have a look at Enzo’s blog. I’m sure you’ll find it interesting.
What is the Blogger Recognition Award?
It is an award that is given to bloggers by bloggers to encourage, acknowledge and promote the hard work and effort that goes into creating their blogs. It’s an opportunity for bloggers to recognize one another for their contributions, both to their blog and the blogging community.
- Thank the nominator, and publish a post on your blog about receiving the Blogger Recognition Award. Make sure to provide a link to the nominator’s blog in your post.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Nominate other bloggers for this award, and inform them of their nomination.
How my blog started:
I’ve always enjoyed writing and, having been inspired by other bloggers, felt that my love of France and search for a French house would be the focus for my blog. ‘FancyingFrance’ is definitely a creative outlet for me. I really enjoy the writing process.
Two pieces of advice to new bloggers:
- Enjoy and have fun with your blog. Otherwise, what’s the point? (Unless you’re a ‘professional’ blogger, of course.)
- Connect with other bloggers. I read many blogs before I started my own and found them inspirational. I often comment on other blogs and really appreciate comments on mine.
I would also say that, in my opinion, it is not necessary to follow any ‘ blogging rules’. However, there is plenty of blogging advice out there, should you want some support.
Nominate other bloggers for this award:
I recently nominated certain bloggers for the ‘Sunshine Blogger Award‘. There are so many brilliant blogs that I enjoy and it seems that most of them have (well deserved) awards already. I’ve come to the conclusion that I need to think about my nominations a bit longer. Watch this space…
As for my own blog, I have chosen a new theme which I will be uploading very soon. Fingers crossed that I don’t lose any parts of my blog, in the process!